Harsha Vardhan Simhadri
Researcher, Microsoft Research India
Theoretical and practical aspects of parallel computing,
algorithmic engineering for future platforms,
programming abstractions and systems with an emphasis on scheduling for locality.
Recently, I have been developing tools for large scale topic models and edge machine learning.
- ProtoNN: Compressed and Accurate kNN for Resource-scarce Devices
(with Chirag Gupta, Arun Sai Suggala, Ankit Goyal,
Bhargavi Paranjape, Ashish Kumar, Saurabh Goyal, Raghavendra Udupa, Manik Varma, Prateek Jain)
- Extending the Nested Parallel Model to the Nested Dataflow Model with Provably Efficient Schedulers
ACM SPAA'16 (with David Dinh and Yuan Tang)
- Write-Avoiding Algorithms
(with Erin Carson, James Demmel, Laura Grigori, Nicholas Knight,
Penporn Koanantakool and Oded Schwartz)
- Experimental Analysis of Space-Bounded Schedulers
ACM SPAA '14 (with Guy E. Blelloch, Jeremy T. Fineman, Phillip B. Gibbons and Aapo Kyrola)
Invited to the ACM Transaction on Parallel Computing best papers issue, 2016, 3(1).
- Program-Centric Cost Models for Locality
ACM MSPC'13 workshop (with Guy E. Blelloch, Jeremy T. Fineman and Phillip B. Gibbons)
- Brief announcement: the problem based benchmark suite
ACM SPAA '12 (with Julian Shun, Guy E. Blelloch, Jeremy T. Fineman, Phillip B. Gibbons, Aapo Kyrola, and Kanat Tangwongsan)
- Parallel and I/O efficient set covering algorithms
ACM SPAA '12 (with Guy E. Blelloch and Kanat Tangwongsan)
- Scheduling Irregular Parallel Computations on Hierarchical Caches
ACM SPAA '11 (with Guy E. Blelloch, Jeremy T. Fineman and Phillip B. Gibbons)
Tech Report: CMU-CS-10-154
- Low Depth Cache Oblivious Algorithms
Tech Report: CMU-CS-09-134 (with Guy E. Blelloch and Phillip B. Gibbons)
ACM SPAA '10
- Combinable Memory-Block Transactions
ACM SPAA '08 (with Guy E. Blelloch and Phillip B. Gibbons)
- Towards optimal and efficient perfectly secure message transmission
Theory of Cryptography Conference 2007 (with Mattias Fitzi, Mathew Franklin and Juan Garay)
Program-Centric Cost Models for Locality and Parallelism
- 15-750: Graduate Algorithms (Spring 2011)
- 15-499: Parallel Algorithms (Spring 2009)
2013-2016: Postdoctoral Fellow, CS Department, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab.
2007-2013: Ph.D., CS Department, Carnegie Mellon University, Advisor: Guy Blelloch
2003-2007: B.Tech, IIT Madras, Major: CS, Minor: Physics.